On the Road with Man’s Best Friend
Dr. John’s Furry Friends: Gypsy, Rascal and Harley
Life as a truck driver is an adventure on the road, and having someone to share that adventure with is an important topic to discuss.
They provide excellent companionship and can provide a lot of positive health benefits. Whether you are a truck driver or just a Frumpy Mumpy, there are a lot of positive reasons to get a pet. A pet will help you laugh and laughing is good!
People with pets often experience greater health benefits than those without pets.
- Traveling with your pet can lower stress and results in a happier and safer driver.
- Research shows that people with pets have lower blood pressure
- Playing with a dog, cat, or other pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
- Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
Mental Health Benefits:
- Less likely to suffer from depression if you have a furry companion that provides unconditional love
- Reduces anxiety: pets can help to ease your anxiety.
- Increase exercise: Taking a dog for a walk, hike, or run are fun and rewarding ways to fit healthy daily exercise into your schedule.
- Add routine to the day: Having to feed, exercise and care for a pet can help you keep to a daily routine.
- Pets are great caregivers: Animals can serve as a source of comfort and support.
- Pets are conversation starters and can help you meet new people.